Friday, March 4, 2011

The Philosophy of Liz

They say that life happens, I happen to agree. Our society is a funny make-up of happy, giving, kind, loyal, crazy, confused and at times self-righteous souls all trying to get along. We all think that we have the best ideas and are so quick to offer advise to others instead of listening and walking a mile in their paths. How we deal with each other, show each other compassion and love is what I believe defines us all as people. We all make mistakes, we all fall down, we all face humiliation to some degree and it is how we deal with it that defines our character. Do we learn from our mistakes and move on or do we fall in a rut and make the same mistakes over and over and dig ourselves deeper and deeper? I will admit that I have fallen, many times in fact and I have broken and hopes and dreams for others by my selfish actions. It's time that we stop criticizing, chastising and loathing others in this world. We are all human and were told to love one another, not tear one another apart. I have always accepted my faults, apologized to those I have hurt and moved on... This life is TOO short to live in the past or live in pain by blaming others for what we are not willing to work on in ourselves to become better people.

No comments:

Post a Comment