Friday, March 11, 2011

My first 5k

I am excited and nervous for my first 5k that I am participating in tomorrow. This has been a goal of mine for about a year and to finally attempt this goal is a little frightening! I am lucky to have my son Austin, sister Christina, niece Nicole and great friends LeAnn and Heidi with me to run/walk and keep me motivated to do my best and keep going.

This event has got me thinking about goal's in my life. After realizing that I am about to reach this goal (no matter the results) it has made me want to set more goals and set them soon. My weight has been an issue since I had baby number three. As I just never could get back down to my comfortable weight that I so desperately want to be. I started thinking about it and realized that these were only wishes and I only half attempted to lose weight and I NEVER stuck with a real healthy eating plan or exercise routine.

Hopefully these thoughts and motivation stay with me tomorrow and through the weekend as I plan my next goal and plan the actions I need to take to make them happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment