Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The end of summer...

“The spirit must be freed from tethers so strong and feelings never put to rest, so that the lift of life may give buoyancy to the soul. In many families, there are hurt feelings and a reluctance to forgive. It doesn’t really matter what the issue was. It cannot and should not be left to injure. Blame keeps wounds open. Only forgiveness heals. George Herbert, an early 17th-century poet, wrote these lines: ‘He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he himself must pass if he would ever reach heaven, for everyone has need of forgiveness.’” - Thomas S. Monson


So much has taken place since I completed my first 5k. I developed a stress fracture on my leg and had to rest it for awhile... I have to say that getting back into a routine that sticks has been near impossible. I need to find motivation and determination, instead all I find is hesitation!! HELP! :) My goal this week is to get out at least three times to do a 40 minutes of walking/jogging. It feels wonderful when I do, I just need to do it enough to make it a habit.

WOW - The end of summer has arrived and the kids are getting ready to go back to school. I can't believe how quickly 2011 has passed and it amazes me that the summer came and is now almost gone. We were blessed to have Colton out here this summer for an amazing 5 weeks. We did a lot of swimming, fishing and even a little camping. I had BIG plans for this summer and I am so sad to say that time got away from me and I'm about as tan now as I was when the summer started.

Here are a few pictures of our summer fun!


1 comment:

  1. I love that family pic! You have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete